Greg Limeberry’s Latest Blog Post
There is an abundance of first class ski resorts around in the US for people with a healthy budget and an acquired taste for winter sports. Take a look below to see someone of my favorite spots to ski year around. With summer ending it is never too early to start thinking about winter sports and pinpoint some vacations spots. Hope you enjoy it.
5. St. Regis Deer Valley Resort located in Deer Valley, United States. The resort is located in the magnificent slopes of Wasatch Mountains, where guests can enjoy outdoors activities such as biking, hiking as well as an abundance of concerts located right outside the resort. It offers 177 rooms that are custom designed and about 64 suites with sizes ranging from 500-2500 square feet. Guests can enjoy amenities such as first class dining at the J&G Grill, handcrafted cocktails at the St. Regis Bar as well as private dining in the exclusive Wine Vault.
4. Alta Ski Resort , Utah opened in 1939, making it one of the oldest ski resort in the United States. Still relying on its old traditions and foundations, Alta is a favorite among locals and in the past few decades has become a major tourist attraction. The amazing powder like snow brings many snow sport lovers to Alta’s doors, but unfortunately snowboarders are not allowed. The town and community embrace the ski culture and welcome outsiders who have the share this passion.
3. Grand Targhee is located 45 minutes away from Jackson Hole, but with its Nordic skiing trails and powder like snow, this resort can hold its own against the well know surrounding trails. Grand Targhee is a great place for people who enjoy to ski off the beaten path as well as explore new terrains- this resort focuses in improving their customers’ experiences on slopes rather than indoors. Getting more than 450 inches of snow a year, Grand Targhee is a resort for people who love to ski, snowshoe and snowboard. It is a secluded and laid back resort, which reflects most of its consumer base, but it also caters to people who are looking to experience the town and all it has to offer.
2. Snowbird, Utah covers about 2,500 acres, with its top elevation going to 11, 000 feet. It produces some of the steepest slopes in the country, and is graced with dry and powdery snow during skiing season. Snowbird also host multiple other activities that can be enjoyed year round- such as biking, hiking, fishing, as well as facility related amenities. In the summer visitors can enjoy summer concerts and outdoors activities such as alpine slides, mountain coaster, bungee trampoline and much more.
1. Located in one of the most popular ski town in the United States, Jackson Hole is a huge attraction for tourists and locals alike. It has a great ski resort and a lot of terrain to explore. Most people who do not consider themselves “experts” would usually shy away from Jackson Holes’ slopes, especially Corbet’s Couloir. For snow lovers who would like have a more relaxed experience, the resort offers other options other than skiing, such as hiking up ridges and backcountry skiing.
via Greg Limeberry: Skiing http://ift.tt/1q2KktS